…FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 245 PM EST/145 PM CST/ THIS AFTERNOON…
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…Portions of south central Indiana and Kentucky, including the following counties, in south central Indiana, Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison and Perry. In Kentucky, Allen, Anderson, Barren, Bourbon, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Butler, Edmonson, Fayette,
Franklin, Grayson, Green, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Hart, Henry, Jefferson, Larue, Logan, Marion, Meade, Mercer, Metcalfe, Nelson, Nicholas, Ohio, Oldham, Scott, Shelby, Simpson, Spencer, Taylor, Trimble, Warren, Washington and Woodford.
* WHEN…Until 245 PM EST Tuesday /145 PM CST Tuesday/.
* IMPACTS…Dangerous flows over low-water crossings. Water over roadways. Some low-water crossings may become impassable. Ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 842 AM EST /742 AM CST/, The public reported heavy rain in the advisory area due to thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly. Between 2 and 4 inches of rain have fallen.
– Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
– Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Georgetown,
Elizabethtown, Frankfort, Jeffersonville, New Albany,
Jeffersontown and St. Matthews.
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
Be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads.
LAT…LON 3709 8690 3719 8689 3736 8702 3733 8714
3748 8714 3767 8682 3771 8687 3783 8685
3818 8638 3860 8507 3834 8479 3854 8448
3858 8421 3849 8417 3834 8384 3813 8407
3796 8481 3665 8633 3664 8706 3706 8705