…FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 230 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON… …REPLACES FLASH FLOOD WARNING…
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…Portions of EAST CENTRAL Kentucky and NORTH CENTRAL Kentucky, including the following counties, in EAST CENTRAL Kentucky, Anderson, Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Franklin, Harrison, Jessamine, Mercer, Nicholas, Scott and Woodford. In NORTH CENTRAL Kentucky, Henry, Oldham, Shelby and Spencer.
* WHEN…Until 230 PM EST.
* IMPACTS…Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring. Expect many areas of slow moving or standing water. It will take several hours for all the water from these storms to work through local drainage systems in urban areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 1127 AM EST, the public reported heavy rain in the warned area due to thunderstorms. Flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly.
– Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Lexington, Georgetown, Frankfort, Shelbyville, Lawrenceburg, Versailles, Paris, Cynthiana, Carlisle and Taylorsville.
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
Stay away or be swept away. River banks and culverts can become unstable and unsafe.
Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you can do so safely and have them relay your report to the National Weather Service in Louisville.
LAT…LON 3848 8496 3843 8495 3846 8491 3843 8493
3842 8488 3836 8487 3835 8475 3857 8441
3858 8421 3849 8417 3844 8397 3831 8383
3809 8416 3789 8502 3800 8514 3794 8539
3808 8546 3813 8537 3826 8541 3828 8545