…HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ TO 10 PM EST /9 PM CST/ FRIDAY…
* WHAT…South winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts 55+ mph expected.
* WHERE…Portions of east central, north central and south
* WHEN…From 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ to 10 PM EST /9 PM CST/ Friday.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Wind gusts in and out of convection could exceed 60-65 mph.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.