…HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ THIS MORNING TO 10 PM EST /9 PM CST/ THIS EVENING…
* WHAT…South winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts 55+ mph expected.
* WHERE…Portions of east central, north central and south
* WHEN…From 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ to 10 PM EST /9 PM CST/ Friday.
* IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Scattered to numerous power outages are possible. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Wind gusts in and outside of thunderstorms could exceed 60-65 mph.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.